Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day 3

After I left the Grand Canyon the night before, I drove from the eastern rim of the canyon to Flagstaff Arizona. Flash forward to the day 3 morning and it was very brisk and partly cloudy. I was tired so I picked up a latte to warm and wake up. The I40 was the road of choice to make time across the country. After I left Flagstaff, I went to the Meteor Crater National Park. This is the place where a meteor impacted the earth 50,000 years ago. It is a few miles off I40 so...off I went. After paying the fee, I watched a movie about the park and a lesson on when and how it was formed. Then I went outside and walked around and shot some pics and videos. The pics don't let you see the size, scale of the place. It was a neat place, and a huge hole. But it paled in comparison to the Grand Canyon the day before. My suggestion....see the Meteor Crater then the Grand Canyon. After I got back on track and ran down I40 for a few hours, I ran into a few rock formations outside a town called Window Rock. These were interesting formations to me, they looked like people figures from a distance. They were also very colorful, it was a nice rest stop. I then decide to turn off the I40 and ran north on a Navajo nation road. This was a beautiful road with awesome nature all around. I stopped at one place and took lots of pics and a few videos. When I was finished with the side road, I headed out to Alb. New Mexico. It was a nice evening to ride, the moon was bright and I pulled into town around 930 at night. I pulled the bike into the room and sent and tried to hook up with a Triumphrat member from the area, no luck, maybe on the trip back. I rode a total of about 365 miles today, nice and easy with a few great side stops.

Here are some of the pictures captured along the way
This is outside the entrance to the Crator park


wide open spacs dude....


This is near a town called Windowrock on I40



This is on a Navajo nation reservation, it was a pretty area.

No comments: