Saturday, September 29, 2007

Day 13

After the brief sleep because we all sat around catching up, and looking at pics the previous night. We loaded the bike and set off to Niagara. The weather was great and down the road we went, 'till we hit a wreck on the interstate outside of town. So we took the detour, and still made great time on the side roads. Before the Falls we took a drive through the winery area outside the city. As we passed one, we decided to take a wine tour, it was a great day so why not? We paid our small fee and took the tour of the small winery, and enjoyed sampling three of their wines. Then we bought 2 bottles and went outside and shot a few pics of the orchards. It was a fun stop. From there we rode alongside the river to the town called Niagara by the River. What a spectacular area this is.....beautiful houses and yards. I was hungry and saw a fruit stand on the side of the road. So I pulled over and wanted to buy a fresh peach, but the dude was only selling them in small containers with maybe 5 peaches each. I didn't want to spoil my appetite for dinner, but dang, these peaches were TASTY and juicy.....yuuuuummy. OK I ate 3 of them, I couldn't stop. Well after that great treat, we headed off to the Falls and came across a Monument on the side of a hill. It was where a battle had once taken place. It is know as the Battle of Queenston Heights. We walked around enjoying the park and sights, where we happened to see a white squirrel. After the park it was a short ride along the river to the Canadian side of the Falls. We found parking and I let some non-English speaking, Middle-Eastern lady sit on my bike for a photo. She had a blast, like she was a rock-star. Then we took in the sights and sounds of Niagara Falls. They were great to see finally in person after all these years. We arrived a little bit before sunset so I was able to take pics in the daylight and at night. In the evening after the sun goes down they shine colored lights onto the Falls from the Canadian side. That was cool to see. After we took in enough of the sights, I located a hotel room near the Falls and unloaded the bike. After that was done, we enjoyed a dinner at another Ruby Tuesdays. My third time eating at one on this trip. From dinner it was time to crash out, I slept like a log, it might have been all the rain at night that soothed me as I slept...maybe? I was so pleased that we had a wonderful day, as I thought we were going to be rained on all day. We rode a total of about 100 miles for the day. OK so now time for a few pics...

The winery








This is the Queenston Heights park and surrounding views from it











And last but not least Niagara Falls




The Falls colored at night

No comments: