Saturday, September 29, 2007

Day 12

Woke up at the crack of dawn and readied myself and the bike. Tripeee took a few minutes off from work and rode the Speedie around on some pretty country roads. It was weird being so close to Washington D.C. and being in the country. Thanks for the scenic tour Tripeee. After we said goodbye, I headed up the 5 back into D.C. and took the loop around the city. I pulled over and gassed up and proceeded to hit traffic on the northern side of the city. Nice, a traffic jam. So it took me a few extra minutes to exit D.C.. Then it was out to the pretty countryside of Pennsylvania. I made a stop in Gettysburg and walked around some of the historic battle sites of the Civil War. It was weird being there, knowing thats where so many men fought and died. After that, I hurried along the country side to northern New York and enjoyed the sights, I was tired a few times so I pulled over and had some pie in Trout Run, NY. and once to nap at a small town in upstate NY. The weather was great, I wished that I took more photos along the way. My destination for the night was in Canada at my friends house. I was going to stay there at their place and then we would go back to see Niagara Falls the next day. I got to the Canadian customs, and didn't have cash on me, so I had to grab some Loonies and Toonies and pay the man. I did just that and he said "Welcome to Canada Eh!" No kidding....Just as I got to the falls...it proceeded to rain on me, I rode for the rest of the way almost in rain. It was about a 45 minute drive. I called my friend Debbie and had her come meet me at the local gas station. From there we went back to her friend Mary's place were we all checked out my photos. Mary was a crack up, the Grand Canyon photos really blew her away. Mary and her son and daughter were good people. So off to bed we went after looking at pics till late in the night. I think that I rode a total of 650 miles for the day.

Here are a few pictures
The Gettysburg area







No comments: