Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 17

I woke up early so I could be out of the house with Mr & Mrs MIS3 as they went to work. We chatted for a few minutes in the driveway and he took a few pics as I was about to leave. Thanks again you two for the great time and company.

Well it was time to roll, and I headed out down the Interstate 75 to make time. The weather was nice, clear skies but it was COLD. It had to be around 45 or so. I was ok in my rain suit, but it was still a brisk morning ride till the sun came up and warmed things up. I rode for a few hours and stopped at the ever popular Waffle House and had breakfast. It also gave me the time to look over the route that I would take to Lisa/Todd's place. After the morning stop, I headed south and made good time on the open roads. While on the open road I was given my first look at the Victory Vision. It was a cool looking luxury tourer, thumbs up to them for taking the risk. I hope that it sells well against the Japanese touring bikes. It was a little different looking, but it sure isn't like anything else on the market. As I got further south the temperature got nicer too. A few hours of diving and I got really sleepy, so I took a nap on the lawn at a McDonald's in some town. Whats up with the staff there...cant they see all I wanted to do is take a nap, and not set up camp and live there? They pestered me every 20 minutes "Sir are you OK?" "YES, I just need a few minutes then I'll leave." Sheese people, did I look that scroungy? Ok so after the brief nap, I was off feeling much better. My next real stop was in Lexington, Kentucky, where I saw a sign for "Hooters" it was like my bike magically steered itself there. From there I called Lisa and told her where I was and she knew the exact restaurant that I was at, being that she was an ex-Hooters gal. She also informed me that a friend of ours Gary lived in Lexington and I didn't know that. If I would have known that I would have called him and asked to stay and visit. But I was on a schedule and wanted to hit the Dragon. Sorry that I didn't stop Gary, maybe next time. Lisa told me that Todd Drove the 127 from their place to Lexington, and it was marked as a scenic route on the map. So the 127 it was. A few miles out of town and the countryside is pretty, full of horse ranches and nice estates. There is plenty of terrain and curves, it was a great ride. A few miles down the road put me running along a river, and the road was great. I pulled over and mounted the video cam on the side of the bike to shoot some of the nice snakey roads. I probably added a hour to my trip going back and forth shooting videos. But hey, thats what this trip was all about, enjoying the ride and taking time to have fun. Further down the road I stopped, had dinner and called Lisa/Todd and told them where I was and how long I would be. I ran across a pretty lake in the hills that had a massive dam, so I had to pull over and take pics and vids. What a nice area, that part of Tennessee is tempting to live in. Well I arrived at their casa around 900pm if I remember right, and hey were sitting on the front porch sitting in their rocking chairs looking like Tennessee hillbillies that they are. It was good to see them again, what a pretty house and pretty area they live in. So, after a little talking we all headed off to sleep. The day netted me a total of around 500 miles with all the turning back to re-run the curvy roads. I definitely recommend he 127 from Lexington to Crossville. It was a nice drive with awesome scenery, very little traffic and nice road surface. It has its share of straights, but all in all...it was a enjoyable ride.


I only stopped for a few videos during the day. So there is no photos for the day. But I do have a pic of the Victory bike...


The Victory Vision

No comments: