Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 15

That morning I awoke to the family getting ready for work, so I got myself off the hide a bed sofa, and took a shower. I packed the bike and thanked Mary and her family for giving me a place to crash at, thanks again guys. And special thanks goes to Debbie for showing me the sights of the area, I would have never seen the places I did if it weren't for you. Thanks Debbie, you're awesome, I owe ya big time. After all the goodbye's were said, I headed in the direction of Detroit. One of the fellows that I met at the rally lives just south of Detroit. While on the road a while. I decided to pull over and tighten and lube the chain. It was pretty cool too so I jumped into my rain suit. Ahhhh much warmer. The sun was out and the roads clear, but it was none the less....cool at 65 miles a hour. As I approached the American border, I decided to stop for fuel and some lunch. I ate a soup/salad combo at Chilis. In the parking lot I was asked where I was from, I replied California. He looked at me if I was a Martian and then said "man your crazy, just look at your seat. I wouldn't even do that on my new ZX1400." I said "Well I'm having fun riding all these great roads". No comment from him, he loaded up and drove off looking like he had seen the stupidest person ever, well maybe he did. But I'm having a hell of a time. So back on track, I thumb the started button and roll out of town. Well guess what? My speed odometer stops working, nice. How will I be able to judge the distance I have traveled so I can estimate the amount of gas left. Oh well there is always the low level gas light. So I get to the customs border agent and I had to pull off my helmet. Get out the passport and documents and finally get the ok to pass. From there it was a nasty drive through some of Detroit...man what a dirty, run down place. I headed to the Toledo area where MIS3 lived and grabbed a hotel for the night. It was a early evening so I washed the bike in the hotel parking lot, and proceeded to have a crappy dinner at the Denny's next door...how can you mess up a salad with chicken on it? Well they did, so I asked for more soup. I called MIS3 and got directions to his place and what time to meet him the next day. The ride for the day was a total of 250 miles. I didn't stop for any photos for the day.

No comments: