Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 6

After I slept for a brief few hours, I awoke to a bunch of guys talkin smack about me in the Cheaps front room. They didn't know that I was awake, all I heard was "That dude made it in around 600am, what a crazy mofo." I walked into the front room and yelled "people are trying to sleep!" They all laughed, and we all introduced ourselves. Everyone was chipper and the day started out around 800am, and the ride was to start at 900am. I was working on like 6 hours sleep in 48 hours. I went outside and took the frames of the bike, and gave the bike a quick wash. Friends of Cheaps started to filter in, it looked like it was going to be a descent group of riders. There was a total of 8 riders, two Suzuk riders Cheap on a loaner Honda, and a Vmax. The rest were Triumphs, either Speed Triples, Daytona, or a Sprint. Cheap, Geno, and John were smooth, fast riders. We rode for a little while then we stopped at a Hardy's, where Cheapbastard decided to take my order and leave me to wait at the counter to get the order remade. Thanks Cheap....

Then it was time to ride, I stayed near the rear of the pack, because I was SOOOO tired. I was just glad to be riding with everyone. Cheap took us on some unreal roads, the surface of the roads were smooth and clean. The roads were twisty and full of great scenery, what a great place to live and ride. We were hauling along when the front of the group came upon a Porche and the chase was on, I left that to the guys that had a good nights rest. The Porche didn't give in easy, I caught up with the others at the end of the road.

We stopped at a town called Meadows of Dan, and had lunch. It was right off the Blue Ridge Parkway, it was a nice break. I was running on fumes because of the lack of sleep. All in all I think that we rode a 205 mile loop, it was so much fun. I gave Cheap hell saying that I didn't dive across the country to only ride a 205 mile loop. After the ride was done, we went back to the casa and Cheaps wife, cooked up some dogs and hamburgers. Thanks for the great hospitality MR & Mrs Cheap...you guys rock!

When we did arrive back to the casa, Jim from Michigan had arrived while we were out. He had the new Daytona 675 and the Speedie unloaded. Jim was a crack-up, there was much beer consumed and good times all around. I was tired and turned in around 1100pm. A little while later Jim decided to hit the hay too....he crawled into the top bunk and proceeded to kick off the guard rails to the top bunk. Man was that the beginning of a never ending story after Cheap entered the room the next morning. Of course he enters the room taking pictures and sees the broken bed....as you can imagine, the wild gay sex stories of Dano and Jim quickly grew.

I was so glad that I had made it to the Rally, even though I was slow all day because I was tired. I had a blast and everyone was cool as heck.

Here are some of the pics of the day...


The players for the day, not all bikes are shown

Mine


MIS3's new 675 Daytona


Cheapbastard


DirtMcgirt


Tripeee



MIS3's Speedie


Cheapbastard's Brother in law


John


Brian

2 comments:

cheapbastard said...

nice pics Dan. Really glad you made it man, it wouldn't have been the same without ya.

cheapbastard said...

Btw, yes we all thought you was a weirdo. :)