Saturday, September 22, 2007

Day 9

Day one of the Blue Ridge Parkway...
I started a little late in the morning after I got all packed up. It was almost lunchtime so I stopped at a local dinner at the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a small cafe and I had a chef salad that was SMALL, and mostly cheese and meats. I was like...where is the lettuce? So after the bad lunch, I ran down the local Tuggles Gap and Willis Gap and filmed it going down then back up. Then I started down the Parkway and was really taken by what a great road this was. The weather and temperature couldn't have been better. I stopped and shot pics and vids along the way. After a little while riding, I came along an area that we had lunch at a few days before. It was a small town called Meadows of Dan. I needed gas so, to the gas station I went. I needed to get my game plan for the day finalized so I pulled the map out and sat at a table under a tree. While sitting there, a couple dudes pulled in and filled up. One guy pulled over to me and started chatting with me. His name was John Ramsey, and he was riding a nice FJR 1300. I told him what I was doing and what I had planned to do. He noticed the Pilot 2CT's were wearing thin, and said that he had a friend that could hook me up with some tires. John called his friend and confirmed a good price on tires and mounting. So we set off to Roanoke, Virginia and let his pal change the tires. I was so elated that his friend was willing to change the tires at 6:00 in the evening. He had them changed in less than a half hour. New tires installed for 250 bucks....man I got lucky. The shop owner is a man named Mike Kennedy. His shop is called Motorcycle Tires & Acc. located at 3027 Christian Ave. NW Roanoke, Va., 24012. His telephone number is (540)265-3510. Mike was cool as hell and if ya live anywhere near him, go to him for tires. I cant thank ya enough Mike, I appreciate what ya did. John was nice enough to ride with me, as his place was in the direction that I traveling. He asked if I wanted to stay at his place, and I accepted. We made a dinner stop in town at a Ruby Tuesdays and had ate. From there it was a short ride to his beautiful house in a nice country area. I worked on the computer and we discussed where I was riding the next day. John told me that the rest of the Parkway was nicer than what we had rode for the day. Ok, so the Parkway it was. I hit the hay after working on the computer a little longer. I got so lucky meeting John and his friend. I owe you big time John...thanks for everything.

Some of the day's pictures





Here is where I stopped for gas and where I met John. It is also where we all stopped and had lunch the first day of the rally.
It was a cool place, there were fields full of ME!!!


I kinda felt like this sign was sorta telling me something, like my trip was to long...naaahhh

1 comment:

cheapbastard said...

Sweet Dan, sounds like John is a heckuva guy. Maybe I will run into him one day up at Meadows of Dan. Nice pics man, can't wait until you finally get this thing updated with all of your pics and all.