Sunday, September 23, 2007

Day 10

After a good nights sleep at Johns place, we loaded up and headed out to ride the rest of the Blue Ridge Parkway. John had some friends that wanted him to help work on their house. The ride was in route to their place so it was nice to have someone riding along and pointing out the different attractions along the way. This second day of the Parkway was even more scenic, and was full of wildlife. We came across deer, and wild turkey. The temperature and weather was exceptional again, man I got so lucky in that area. Once we reached the end of the Parkway where the 64 crosses it. We pulled over and chatted and I said thanks for the room, tires and tagging along the ride with me. You meet the nicest people on bikes, again thanks John, I owe ya.

So after I got onto the road again I headed down the 64 for a little while then cut north thru some nice country roads that were loaded with quarter horse ranches. They were a pleasure to ride through. I took the 64 to the 20 north. The 20 to the 3 east. Then the 3 to the 301 over the Potomac River. I then called Tripeee and got the OK to drive to his place. The area was very pretty, not what I expected, more forest and farms than I expected. Mr & Mrs Tripeee were great, they fed me pizza and had a few beers out on the patio. They told me what to do and see while in D.C.. It was about a hour drive into the city. Dave and Dawn gave me a map and I went to bed. Thanks you guys. That day I rode almost 250 miles today.

Here are are some of the pictures of the ride for the day.

The second day and remainder of the Blue Ridge Parkway was outstanding...














All I can say is the Blue Ridge Parkway is a must do for anyone. The road is in great condition from end to end. The max speed limit is slow, but you would pass up to much beauty if you went fast. This road is made to be enjoyed at slow speeds. I highly reccomend that everyone make the effort to ride this fantastic road. It is easy to see why they are called Blue Ridge Mountians or the Smokies. Go out and enjoy this one as much as I did.

No comments: