Friday, September 21, 2007

Day 7

Day 2 of the Rally was smaller, as some people went home, and some got sick. It was down to Cheap, Dirt, MIS3, Brian and me. We met one of Cheaps friends along the way, he was riding a good looking blue Harley. Cheap took us on more roads that were spectacular, in scenerey and twisties. We rode for a few hours till we stopped for a rest at the famous road known as "The Snake". We were unhappy to see that the whole area was covered with highway patrol. The Snake had 5 cops on it, so it made for a slow ride. At the end of the 1st run, a cop pulled in behind me and followed me for the last 2 miles. He then pulled the whole group over and asked where Brian's plate was. Well it had ended up pushed up under the rear tail and just needed to be pulled back down, he said ride safe and let us go.

We were taken to the "Hole in the Wall", it used to be a hole that a train used to go thru. It was a cool place and I got some nice pictures. The weather was perfect, and we rode +300 miles for the day. There was plenty of high speeds corners and slow speed corners. There was tons of wheelies and just great riding. I had a good nights sleep and was able to ride fast and safe, unlike the previous day. The day before I was tired and left the camera and video cam at the house. On the second day I was rested and mounted the video cam and took the camera. I was able to get some great pictures and videos thought the day. I set up a corner and had the guys run past me so I could get some action shots. We did this for some wheelie shots too.

After the riding was done, we met Mrs Cheap and kids at the local pizza parlor and I bought pizza for being so nice for letting us have the house for a few days. We then went back to the house where we drank a few beers and watched the videos and looked at the pictures that I took through the day. Before we turned in, we helped MIS3 and Dirt load their bikes onto the trailors and into the truck. It was a wild 2 days and I am so glad that I made the effort to be there.

Here is a video clip...


Clips of the Snake






Here are pictures of day 2...

The crew for day 2


The gracious host and tour guide


Random pics of the day...



A place called "Hole in the Wall"



Some action shots

Cheapbastard


DirtMcgirt


MIS3 on the new 675



Having fun


Wheelie fools...




The ride of the day, except for the po-po

1 comment:

cheapbastard said...

Really glad ya made it Dan, it got me out of my 'honey-do list' for the weekend. ;) It was definitely a blast man. Nice pics again. Those guys riding those wheelies look craaaaazy. :)