Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 4

After a good nights rest in the Motel 8. I woke up and rolled the bike out of the room and packed it up. As I was loading up, I received a return call from a fellow TRAT member, to bad that we couldn't meet because it was a work day. I called info and got the address for a local Triumph store, I wanted to have a bottle of oil to carry on the trip. While I was at the shop, I got to see the new Ducati SuperMoto, it looked like a fun bike, and it sounded great too. With the oil in hand and loaded in the luggage, I set off on I40. Within a few miles I ran into rain, so I pulled in under a bank teller drive-thru and donned my rain gear. I had the pleasure of riding for a few hours in on again, off again rain.

I saddled up and rode out to Amarillo Texas. During the ride I hit more rain....in the dry Southwest, whats up with that? So I decided to pull into the Big Texan and have dinner. I had a New York strip, salad and killer soup. I had the pleasure of watching one guy try to eat the 72oz steak. He didn't make it, so he Had to pay the 72 dollar price. I would have tried, but I had to make road time, and I didn't feel like sitting on a stage and having people stare at me while eating a 72oz steak. I also would have never been able to ride after eating that meal, heck even for a few days. So after a warm dinner, I grabbed my cowboy hat and saddled up once again and rode off into the sunset. I rode for a few more hours and then made it to Henryetta Oklahoma. The night driving was nice and the temperature was perfect. All totaled up, I drove 650 miles that day, even with side stops and a long dinner. This was the first day that I felt that I didn't have to be anywhere, I had finally let go of schedules and realized that I was free to do as I pleased. Man I slept good knowing that.

So here are some accompanying photos...

This the Big Texan stop..



Now I have proof....


This is what the Big Texan steak is cut from


The bike getting ready for bed in Oklahoma

1 comment:

cheapbastard said...

awww, come on man! Ya didn't try the 72oz'er? :)