Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 14

After a well rested night of sleep, I awoke to....yes you guessed it, more rain. So we went to breakfast and tried to find Debbie a rain suit. We got directions to a Wal-Mart and made our way there as it was only drizzle at the time. We got lucky and she was all good to go for riding in the rain. While in the store, I met a dude from British Colombia that was riding a KLR across the country like I was. ROCK ON dude...thats hard core. So we decided to head back to Mary's place as we didn't know how bad the rain was going to be for the rest of the day. We stopped in Brantford and did a little sightseeing, and she gave me a tour of the blind/deaf school that she works at. Man was I impressed at the size and quality of the school. It rivaled any small collage campus. It was great meeting the people that worked there knowing the kids have top notch teachers and staff. Its a huge job, kudos to you gals/guys. After the tour we arrived back at Mary's and I made dinner for everyone. I made a Mexican dinner, fresh salsa and queso. We even opened a bottle of the wine that we bought on the wine tour. It was nice sharing a meal with friends, I didn't have that many on this trip. After dinner we looked at the pictures of the previous day and then hit the hay. I was able to wash clothes and pack a little that night. The day netted about 80 miles of riding. There wasn't photos for the day as it was rainy most of the day.

No comments: