Thursday, September 20, 2007

Night of Day 5

I arrived early in the morning and slept for a few hours, washed clothes and had dinner with them. The salad at Ruby Tuesdays hit the spot. After saying my goodbyes I took off to meet the guys at Cheapbastards place, arriving around 600 in the morning in King, North Carolina, unloaded the bike and crashed out for a few hours. The dive there was OK till I turned south from Bristol, Virginia and ran into pouring rain...it was coming down in sheets. I got sidetracked by going south on the 77 instead of the 74 where they split. That cost me a hour down and back, in the pouring rain. After I got back on track, I had a little trouble finding Cheapbastards place. I asked for directions then all was good. The rain also stopped after I got on the other side of the mountain. It was time to rest for the short few hours before meeting the guys and the ride began...no pics this day. I rode a total of 405 miles that night.

2 comments:

cheapbastard said...

oh, cry me a river! Ya act like ya rode across the country or sumt'n!?! :)

Dano said...

Hey...I still want my prize for traveling the furthest...