Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 2

The day started off with a quick fill up and then it was time to head to Williams Az. When I got about 5 miles from the exit to the Grand Canyon at Williams, I ran into some light rain, luckily I pulled into get gas and jumped into my rain gear. While at the station, I talked to a fireman on his Harley that was from NY city. We exchanged info on the way that we had both came from, it seemed that I had the worse end of the stick. Yipee time to ride in the rain.... So off I went, all suited up and enjoyed the long ride into the park. As I neared the park entrance, I noticed SNOW on the ground in a few places. Well that's not what I was expecting the 2nd day of the trip. The rain was making me think that I was about to be a popsicle on a motorcycle. After I paid the park fee and got to the Canyon rim, the weather got a lot better. The early morning hours were cloudy but the day heated up and burnt off all the clouds. I started at the western rim of the canyon and worked my way east. This was the first time that I have been to the Grand Canyon, there are few words that can describe the place. My recommendation is to spend all day at the park, there is so much to see. Plus the park pass is good for a week, so camp out and spread it over a couple days. Just outside the western entrance is a town that has all the shops and stores that you would need to make the stay easy. I took about 280 pics and some video clips, I will add more to this post in a few days. I need to upload them, so I can post them here. Here are a few to enjoy.....The day saw me riding about 350 miles.























3 comments:

Rob said...

Right on Dano the mano! this looks great and way fun. I will definitely be looking in on ya. Take care bro.

Unknown said...

Some great photos Dano. You didn't expect to ride across the whole country without getting wet did you. I am envious. Look forward to seeing some more pics. Ride safe man.

Jens style said...

Hey Dano, nice pics of the canyon.. cant wait to get there and have a look myself..
hope ya getting pleanty of time to relax..
ride safe dude
cheers Jen