Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Post Write Up

There were many, many miles of fun and lots of new people that I met on this trip. In fact, there was over 11,000 miles of fun. I will never forget this, my first epic trip. I can't thank enough all the wonderful people that helped me and sheltered me along the way. It was great seeing old friends and family that I have not seem in far to many years. The fact that I got to meet 3 nephews was awesome. Also meeting the new sisters-in-law was great too. The Dragon, The Blue Ridge Parkway, The Snake, Cherahola Skyway, The Rockies, riding along Niagara, the Grand Canyon, and so many more places that I could list. I loved riding this time of the year, where we have the cooler weather and changing leave colors. I know that I could have planned better and saved even more money but to me....I wanted to not have a schedule. It was nice having a list of things and people that I wanted to see and that was about my extent of the planning. I think it turned out great, I wished that I could have held out longer and seen more of the upper States and the bigger National Parks, but I want to spend time on each and not rush through them. That's why I didn't extend my route. I knew in order to see everything, I would have to take another month off. In the end, I wanted, and needed to go home. The bike could have left me stranded with worse electrical problems, luckily it took me home. I figure there is always next time. It was a joy planning, and the excitement of the upcoming trip was great. I'm sure the next one will bring the same excitement.

I know that this trip served a purpose to satisfy my need to do a huge trip before I die. Well it did, I can now write this off the list. Now lets see how many more I can fit in before the time is up.

Thanks again everyone...and I hope that you enjoy the blog with photos. Please click on the photos to enlarge them to fit the whole screen.

Until we meet again....Safe riding, Dano.

No comments: