Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Day 20

I left out from Lisa/Todd's place in Tennessee, and proceeded to make the long trip to Northeast Texas. I had a great day for traveling down I-40, as the weather and temperature were great. As I was rolling along, I was overtaken by a new Kawasaki Concourse 1400. I saw that the dude was equipped with a radar system and had Arizona plates, so I kicked it into warp speed with the Connie. We weaved in and out of traffic for hours until he had to pull off to get gas I assume. I kept on until I had to get gas, luckily we ran into each other again down the road. That time we rode until he needed gas, and I pulled in with him to talk and check out the new Connie. It was a nice bike but way bigger than what I would want for a sport tourer. He was a cool dude that just got the bike and rode across the south to drop his wife off to visit relatives, she was going to fly back a few days later to Arizona. It was good riding with him as we racked up the miles FAST. The new Connie can fly. I stopped in Little Rock to get some oil, and then pulled over for gas in Texarkana to call my older brother. I told him that I would be about a hour away, it was 800pm. I made it in around 900pm and met his wife(Nami) and their son(Victor) for the first time. We all chatted for a hour or so, then hit the beds. The day saw me ride without rain and a total of 675 miles. There wasn't pictures for the day as it was a Git r' Done day.

No comments: