Thursday, October 4, 2007

Day 21

I woke up early and went to Church, the Catholic Church that I grew up in. I even sat in the front pew that we Wakefield always sat in. I was then greeted by the Smoke clan that always sat behind us. They were loud as usual, it was nice seeing them. Church was weird.....its been almost 7 years since I was there, and many years before that. So it was like time warp, I recognized the faces but they looked so much older. After Church I visited mom and dad in the cemetery and then headed over to see the Giffords. It was nice seeing them, its been a long time since I have seen or spoke to my pal Grant. After that, I cruised thru Daingerfield State Park and my old town of Hughes Springs. I always liked the State park, I feel it is a real treasure, such a pretty park and lake. When I arrived back home I just milled around the place looking around the lake and property. Later in the day I called my younger brother, he came by to visit and have dinner with us in the evening. Afer a wonderful dinner, (thanks Harve and Nami) I followed my younger brother over to his place where I was introduced to his new family. It was amazing seeing his boy, it was a carbon copy of my brother when he was a boy. Randy Jr. was a perfect name. My two brothers married pretty women and have handsome boys. It was a good visit, meeting the family that I had, but never met till then. I took photos of the family and the house that I grew up in. Man things change when you aren't around. I rode maybe 50 miles for the day. It was a good day. thanks for everything, it did me good seeing y'all.

A few pics of the day
The Wakefield boys, Victor, Harve, me, Randy



Nami, Victor, Harve


Randy & Jr.


Its hard to believe the house is almost 32 years old



The drive into our place

No comments: