Friday, October 5, 2007

Day 28

When I awoke in the morning it was drizzly and wet. It had rained through the night and the temperature had dropped too. I cleaned up and headed to Church at 8:00am, after Mass I went to breakfast at the restaurant from the night before. They had a killer breakfast buffet for like 7 bucks. They had someone cooking fresh omelets and some fresh green chili that went perfect over my potatoes with veggies. When that was done I rode across the street and paid for another nights stay at the hotel because the weather was getting worse. I stayed in the room and did some blogging and mostly watched the weather channel to see the extended forecast of the Rockies. It appeared that I was going to be good to go after the next day. I called a dude from The Speed Triple.com to see about dropping in and meeting him in Denver area, but I changed my mind. I wanted to get some of the Rockies done before the weather turned bad again. Later in the evening, I made my third stop at the restaurant across the street for dinner. I had some fried catfish and okra, good stuff. If y'all make it into the town of Chama...the little bar/store/ restaurant on the north west side of the intersection corner that looks like a old western building, stop in, its a great place to eat. After stuffing myself, I headed to my room and checked the weather channel some more, then headed to bed. It rained all day and was very cold, I would guess in the mid 40's. No riding and no pictures of the day, just rested and readied for the next day.

No comments: