Thursday, October 4, 2007

Day 23

After a good nights sleep, I awoke and started to pack the bike. Billie Kay went to lunch to meet her hubby and took me along. We ate at a nice little Mexican place, and then went to pick up their little girl at day care. At that time I said adios to Brian as he had to return to work. We three then went back to their place where I proceeded to load the bike. It wasn't long, and then it was time to say goodbye to my pal Billie Kay and her daughter and hit the road to San Antonio. It was so good seeing ya'll again, thanks for the stay and lunch.
With everything done I headed out of Longview to I-20 to Tyler where I picked up the side roads to San Antonio. It was a pretty day with just a few clouds here and there. I stopped to shoot a few pictures at one location as the fields were so green and lush. They were pretty hay fields. While I was driving thru Tyler, I was almost rear ended by a woman in a big old car. She had the tires squealing, I totally dodged a bullet there. Luckily I saw her in the rear mirrors and heard her, and had time to switch lanes. I called a fellow member from TRAT named RoadDog and asked if he still wanted to meet, but unfortunately we didn't get to meet as he had obligations. Maybe next time RoadDog, it was good speaking with ya though. So after that call, I was near San Antonio so the call was made to my sister to get final directions to her place. I arrived at 930 pm. I was greeted by the monster of a man Stefan, as Jane was still at work. When she arrived we sat around talking and checking out each others pictures. It was a pretty day to ride and the East Texas countryside is always so lush and green. I got around a total of 380 miles in for the day.

There were only a few pictures taken for the day and I wanted to get to my sisters place, but here a are a few of the fields I was referring to.



No comments: