Thursday, October 4, 2007

Day 25

I slept in and little and said my goodbye's to Stefan, Jane, and Ben. Thanks for everything you guys, it was great seeing you again. When the bike was loaded, I headed west on I-10. I rode for a good while enjoying the rolling hills of south Texas, till I needed gas. So I dropped into Kerrville and filled up, I was hungry so why not eat? I saw some signs for Jack in the Box and ran into Schlotzsky's Deli. I made a instant U-turn and proceeded to order the Deluxe Original. What a killer sandwich this is, for you that have never tried one.....its the best sandwich on the planet. So I ate like a ravenous lion for like 20 minutes. Man was I happy after that meal. After the detour, it was time to turn and burn. The day was awesome for riding, along the way I pulled off the 10 and enjoyed a few hill county roads. It was nice being able to set my own pace. On one road I came across a stream that flooded over the road. I braved the rapids and took a few pictures of the stream. After the day full of fun, I was greeted with the worst rain of the trip after nightfall for about 60 miles. Man it was bad, people were pulling over to the side of the road because they couldn't see. I made it into the town of Van Horn, and grabbed a room. As I checked in the rain stopped, oh well I was wore out from the intense rain. All in all, I rode about 500 miles for the day. It was a fun day 'till the rain. South Texas hill country, even on I-10 was scenic and fun to ride. I passed out from exhaustion.

Here are some of the days pictures..

THE SANDWICH...



The Mighty Stream..



Other side roads during the day...









These colors dont run....What a great country we live in

No comments: